RELIEVE STRESS WITH ACUPRESSURE
Relieve Stress Discreetly and Effectively with Acupressure
Acupressure point Ear Shen Men is famous for reducing stress and anxiety. Shen men is the most popular ear acupuncture point for managing stress and anxiety. It’s often combined with other ear and body points for a holistic stress management strategy. If you’re feeling stressed at work and you need a quick fix to cope, follow the instructions below.
Why Ear Shen Men?
- Easily accessible. You can press with nobody knowing what your doing.
- Best ear acupuncture point for reducing stress, anxiety, depression, pain, insomnia & addictive behaviour
- Releases happy hormones. Ear shen men releases serotonin, endorphins & dopamine
Use Shen Men to Relax in 3 Minutes
- Locate Shen Men: Feel the top inside region of your ear for a hollow called the triangular fossa. Shen Men is located at the apex of the fossa.
- Press Shen Men in both ears with your thumbs while supporting the back of your ear with index fingers. You can press one ear at a time to be more discreet.
- Rub Shen Men for 3 minutes while taking 3 deep diaphragmatic breaths. It’s best to breath in for a count of 4 and out for a count of 8. This puts you into a more relaxed state. Do this quietly to avoid your work colleagues catching on.
- Do this 3 times a day and whenever you’re feeling stressed.
Extra Tips for Using Ear Shen Men for Stress Relief
- Massage Ear Shen Men each night before bed for a deeper nights rest.
- Having acupuncture with Ear Shen Men combined with other body acupuncture points will have a much more powerful and long lasting effect.
If you’re feeling really stressed, make sure you take care of yourself and develop a stress management strategy. Book in to see your local acupuncturist, speak to a counsellor, talk to friends and learn to relax. If you need any advice feel free to contact me.
- Landgren, Kajsa. Ear Acupuncture: A Practical Guide. s.l.: Churchill Livingstone, 2008.
- L. Frank MD, Nader Soliman, MD. Shen Men A Critical Assessment through advanced Auricular Therapy. Acupuncture and Auricular Therapy and Auricular Medicine. Unknown. http://www.auriculartherapy.com/articles/shenmen.html.
- Auricular Acupuncture at the “Shenmen” and “Point Zero” Points Induced Parasympathetic Activation. Young-Chang P. Arai, Yoshikazu Sakakima, Jun Kawanishi,Makoto Nishihara,Akihiro Ito,Yusuke Tawada,and Yuki Maruyama. 2013, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Vol. 2013, p. 4.
- Nguyen, Thai. Hacking Your Happy Chemicals: Dopamine, Serotonin, Endorphins, & Oxytocin. 2014. http://theutopianlife.com/2014/10/14/hacking-into-your-happy-chemicals-dopamine-serotonin-endorphins-oxytocin/.
- PHOTOGRAPH BY DOTSHOCK COURTESY OF SHUTTERSTOCK
- IMAGE BY PAUL CARTER COURTESY OF DR PAUL CARTER PTY LTD