Mantak Chia is a Taoist Master known for his teachings on Taoist practices, including meditation, Qi Gong, and the “Inner Smile” meditation. His methods are designed to cultivate life force energy (Qi) within the body for healing and spiritual growth. Here’s a basic guide on how to practice Mantak Chia’s meditation techniques
The Inner Smile Meditation is a fundamental practice in Mantak Chia’s Taoist teachings. It’s a simple yet powerful technique that promotes self-love, inner peace, and healing. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to practice the Inner Smile Meditation:
- Find a Quiet Place: Choose a quiet, comfortable place where you won’t be disturbed. You can sit on a chair or on the floor, whichever is more comfortable for you.
- Relax: Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Feel your body relax with each exhale.
- Visualise a Smiling Face: Picture a smiling face in your mind. It could be your own smile or someone else’s that brings you joy. Feel the warmth and positivity of this smile.
- Focus on Your Third Eye: Now, imagine this smile in your third eye, which is the space between your eyebrows. Feel the warmth and positivity of this smile radiating from this point.
- Smile Down Your Body: Gradually, let this smile descend into different parts of your body. As you do this, imagine each body part relaxing and healing in response to the smile. You can follow this order: your throat, heart, liver, lungs, kidneys, and so on, until you’ve covered your entire body.
- Absorb the Positive Energy: Once you’ve smiled to every part of your body, sit quietly for a few minutes. Feel the positive energy you’ve generated permeating your entire being.
- Finish the Meditation: When you’re ready, gently open your eyes and bring the meditation to a close. Carry this feeling of inner peace and positivity with you throughout your day.
Remember, the key to this practice is to do it with a genuine sense of love and kindness towards yourself. It might feel strange at first, but with regular practice, you’ll find it easier to generate this feeling of inner warmth and positivity.
For more detailed instructions and advanced practices, consider reading Mantak Chia’s books or attending his workshops. His book “Awaken Healing Energy Through The Tao” is a great resource for understanding and practicing these meditations1.
Please note that while these practices can be beneficial for relaxation and self-awareness, they should not replace any medical treatment or therapy you’re currently undergoing. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new health practices.
If you need help reaching a relaxed meditative, I recommend attending a local meditation class, attending acupuncture treatment and having a medical check
The image in this post is not Mantak Chia but another radiantly happy individual which may or may not practice this meditation.
- Chia, M. (1983). Awaken Healing Energy Through The Tao. Aurora Press.